Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The 7 8 and 9th of June




























































































It is Tuesday evenning the 9th of June. We are currently in the Radison Hotel in Colorado Springs. Mat and I have had a great two days of touring Kansas and south eastern Colorado. Our adventure started in Wichita Kansas. Mat's plane arrived during a severe thunder storm.













The following morning we left westward towards Dodge City where we were greeted by the













sherrif. There was no vacancy at Boot Hill so we continued our trip towards Colorado. We filled the manifold cooker at Garden City with chicken tenders black beans and white beans and diced chilies and cummin. At the Colorado border we placed the cooker on the manifold and headed for our campsite at the Joseph Martin Resovoir . This made for another great meal on the manifold. The campsite was in a beautiful setting below the dam. There we lots of birds at the site. They serenaded us thru the night. This morning we had quesedas with cheesew and salsa.













Today was not as rushed. Yesterday we traveled about 315 miles.todays milage may have been 200. Our first stop was Starbucks. Mat was having caffine withdrawal. After gasing up in Pueblo Co. we heded for Royal Gorge. Made a trip across the bridge took some photos then headed back along a scenic drive to Colorado Springs. I have had a shimmy in the front end and some tightening of the kingpins and crosslinkage has hopefully corrected the problem. Tomorrow Mat flies out and Sperry arrives. We hope to travet back roads to Victor and Cripple Creek. More to come

5 comments:

  1. WOW!! I love the pictures, I don't know if I would ever want to come home. When Dr. Nelson gets there, look through his papers and there is a place that you all need to eat at "The Naked Moose" I want pictures!! Hope you all continue to have a great time!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colorado looks awesome. Looks like the weather is working out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, hope you're still having fun even though Sperry is with you. Things are quiet here except for my classes, I am having a delightful time in both of them, especially on Wednesdays when I have 8 hours of class,
    oh well. Save me a seat cause I'll be there soon!
    Love, Mrs. Toad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cute little road signs with all the critters on them! I think you should pick up a quirky art like that....oh wait....you already into that quirky T-model stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your log and pictures are great. Hopefully, I can print them all for Mom.

    ReplyDelete