Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday June 11



































































It is Thursday evening and we are relaxing in a Days Inn in Colorado Springs. What a difference a day makes! After dropping Mat off at the airport and taking Sperry as my new traveler on the adventure it was decided to take a gravel road thru Pike's Forrest to Cripple Creek. After climbing a steep rough road for about 6 mile a troublesome noise was found to be coming from under the hood. Our ascent into the Rockies came to a halt by what I thought was a loose rod. A phone call to AAA and a rollback was dispatched to our rescue. Another call to Warren Rollins and the name CJ Whitley in colorado Springs was obtained. CJ was very gracious and took our sick T into his shop. Today we removed the inspection pan and foud the babbit in the #2 rod was gone. Ron Millers shop in Ohio was called an is to overneght express 2 replacement rods. One is to be a spare.











CJ gave us a tour of his car stable an also his collection of antiques. Wow! His steps leading to his car barn were made from model t running boards.











Tomorrow we hope to install the new rod and continue on to Salt Lake.

3 comments:

  1. And people wonder why I married you... I tried to tell the guy at the pool place how to get in touch with you and before I could tell him where you were and what you were doing he said, I know, I know all about him, I've already talked to Ken about him. Your legend lives on.
    What ever you do, don't let Sperry drive I want to have something to ride in when I arrive.
    Love, Mrs. Toad

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely the person to have when going on a road trip!! I am sure you all are having a great time, I hope the weather is still holding up for the trip. You are doing a great job with the blog. I will keep checking in. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only you two could get someone to offer their backyard! lol The pictures are great and just think of the stories for the grandkids. Cathy

    ReplyDelete